Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A comida brasileira

When Bethany came back from a year in India, she stated that she had no interest whatsoever in eating at an Indian or Indian/Pakistani restaurant. Thus, I only ate Indian food three or four times in the subsequent academic year. Only once did I eat it in her company, and that was while she had pizza or pasta. I thought that this was a shame, because I really like Indian food.

After only two months of fieldwork, I can see her point. Next year, if someone recommends that we go to a churrascaria or a Brazilian restaurant (of which there are fewer in the States), I'll probably hesitate or flat-out refuse.

You were right, Bethany.




Postscript - I do not mean to suggest that other people should not eat at churrascarias or Brazilian restaurants. They should. The food is usually delicious, and Brazilians are very good hosts.

No comments: